Business Process Re-engineering/ Consulting
A business process consultant is an external consultant who helps businesses by researching and analysing the processes and systems that a business implements.
The success of a business process consulting intervention will depend on the quality of the consultant. One of the biggest benefits of using a business process consultant is that you get a “fresh pair of eyes.”
Apt Advisors’ Business consulting strives to find more efficient ways of handling the processes that have been observed. He or she will look for inefficiencies in the system, seeking ways to eliminate them so that the work can flow more smoothly and efficiently. Areas for improvement would include:
• Bottlenecks where work piles up in one area
• Inefficient use of resources and time
• Redundant processes that could be automated or eliminated
• The incidence of errors that call for redoing parts of the process
• Physical layouts that increase the time needed to complete a task
• Areas where poor communication or lack of accountability affect productivity
• Opportunity that may be exploit for business development.